Sunday, August 3, 2014

Royalty and Roadsides

Well, my friends... It's been an eventful day! I woke up in the early morning with my Weimaraner and felt an immediate excitement come over me. It's Miss Rodeo Arkansas coronation day! My mom, dad, and I all piled in the truck to cheer on the girls competing for the Miss, Teen, Jr., Princess, and Sweetheart Rodeo Arkansas titles! I am SO proud to say that all of the girls did so incredibly well, and my gal pal Kelsey Parmenter brought home the Miss Rodeo Arkansas title, and the lovely Taylor Young is now your new Miss Teen Rodeo Arkansas! I was honored to be a part of their special day through modeling and sharing a bit about Rodeo of the Ozarks before coronation.
We also brought home our new (to us) trailer, and what cowgirl wouldn't be over the moon excited about that?! A few miles down the road, someone shouted to us from truck to truck on the highway, saying that two of the tires blew and before we knew it we were stranded in a dollar general parking lot. Of course we were just ready to get home, but I was reminded of an invaluable quality of our state and this community. Multiple people stopped by to check on us and make sure that we had a plan. I have to say a special thank you to Wesley Beason, firefighter in Pottsville, for taking time to offer us a place for our trailer in case we got stranded. Thankfully, with the help of my Uncle Marty Samuels and Highway 7 Auto Parts, we were able to leave our trailer for repairs and will get it back in no time! So as we drive home with Alison Krauss on the radio (it's tradition) and laughing together over the day, I wouldn't have it any other way. We are just making memories on our rodeo road. Crossett, here we come! Tori Miller


 Our new home away from home!
 The lovely Katie Clark, Miss Old Fort Days
Miss Arkansas State Fair Bethe Barnett, Miss Old Fort Days Katie Clark, and I!
 The wonderful Stephanie Kaeppel, Miss Rodeo Arkansas 2014
My girl Taylor Young, the NEW Miss Teen Rodeo Arkansas!
My sweet friend Kelsey Parmenter, your new Miss Rodeo Arkansas!

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos above and wanted to send you the link to my blog where I featured you (and a link back to your blog here). Thank you so much for helping make my boys feel extra special today at NW Angels Pageant! http://www.treatsbytanya.com/2014/08/nw-arkansas-angel-pagent.html

    ReplyDelete